Sunday, October 7, 2012

I love wednesdays

Every Wednesday we eat les 'patotons'. That is pasta with tuna and tomato sauce. But it's much more than that. 'We' includes my parents, me, my 17 year old cousin and my other cousin of 25 who often brings a lot of really cool friends of his to this weekly 'event'. We eat, we talk and we laugh so much! One of his friends that comes regularly is Fleur. She is someone I really admire and I thought it would be cool to have her as my first victim for my (i hope) monthly post ' memories of a has-been teen'

So here is Fleur's interview:

Hello.

Hi!

I'm going to ask you a few basic questions to start with.

What's your job?


I'm a writer and a performer.

How old are you?


I'm 26.

Where do you live?

I live in Brussels.

Where would you like to live?


Hmmm... Eventually in São Paolo or Mexico City.

Cool. Let's start!

When you where a teenager, did you have a period where you felt creative or inspired and you did a lot of things?

(laughs) Yeah totally. It was during the two or three years before  I went to university I would read and write so much! I was completely obsessed with poetry of the 19th century. It was pretty romantic. I had this boyfriend and we walked in the fields for hours. We found a very old shack where hay was stacked and we would lie there and read poetry to each other while listening to Pink Floyd... It was pretty extreme when I think about it now! It had nothing to do with school or achieving things at all.

Wow! That's crazy!


Yeah, I Know!  We did use drugs at that time, but anyway...

What kind of girl where you at school?

I wasn't a girly girl. I was always with the boys. I only had this one girlfriend, Alison, but all the others where boys.
I also felt super insecure about how I looked and what people would think of me.

Now you seem pretty confident to me. When did that change?


You think that's finished now?! (loughs) Maybe I looked confident at that time also. I had a really big attitude, I was loud and arrogant. I was rebellious!
But I think I started having more confidence in myself when I was 24 or 25.
School was very easy for me. I never had to do much of an effort to succeed. So i've always lived very intuitively, going with the flow. I had great experiences but I also loosed time.

So you regret it?

No... I don't. I loved it.

This is a question I love to ask: how was your room like when you where a teenager?

Aah! (laughs) Oh my god! I can't even start to describe it! It started when I was 11 and me and my friend would steal chalk from the classes and we drew  huge butterflies all over the walls. Parts of it where covered with pearls and posters and drawings and objects that I would put against the wall. The whole room was completely full.
You know, being  a teenager is not easy. having a place were you can be alone is really important.

Thank you very much Fleur!

You're welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment